Saturday, September 26, 2020

Cause Because

 


I don’t know how it all began

A flash of lightning in pond-pocked lands

In an ocean floating like a child in a womb

Biomolecules woven on a nucleotide loom

 

Maybe there is nothing magical mystical or holy

Undone when it is done, in a future no one is controlling

And the Universe will leave no trail of love, hate, no mist

No bones, no trace, no record written like this

 

But, maybe there is some cause, that itself is also its own

That sees what is seen as it knows what is known

All of this occurring in an instant the same

As consciousness is conscious, speech speaks its own name

 

And here is my belief, or hope or faith

Because that’s the way I roll

Raised without much notion of a God

I found It in a furious hole

Saw a light or a dark or rainbow, or a grey

Chased it all down through the years

I cannot prove it beyond my own heart

But it’s empirical to me – it’s a miracle I’m here

No comments: